OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
A ribbon cutting is an exciting event for all business owners. It’s a time to celebrate! It’s a time to enjoy the fruits of all the hard work that went into planning and preparing for the day when the doors are finally open and the first customer crosses the threshold.
The Board and staff of the Peach Regional Chamber of Commerce understands the importance of a ribbon cutting ceremony and we’re happy to play a part in the festivities. Below, you’ll find some information on who qualifies for a ribbon cutting, what we do to help, and some ideas on how you can plan for your big event.
What is a Chamber ribbon cutting?
Typically, a ribbon cutting marks the opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated or relocated business that has opened within the last six months. It can mark an organization’s first day of operations or it can take place several weeks or even a few months after a soft opening.
It’s also a great opportunity to network with other business owners and members of the community. As the owner of the business, you can take this opportunity to address those gathered and say a few words to show appreciation to those who’ve supported you in your efforts (family, friends, financial partners, etc.) It’s the perfect time to share your business details with those attending – tell people who you are, why you decided to open your business in Peach County, what your services/products are, etc.
Peach Regional Chamber of Commerce is available to assist with your ceremony if your business:
• Opened its doors within the past six months
• Moved to a new location due to expansion
• Has been remodeled or has expanded its current location
• Is celebrating a milestone anniversary
• Is a new or current member of the Peach Regional Chamber of Commerce with all dues paid
What are the benefits of holding a Chamber ribbon cutting?
• Introduces both the public and Chamber members to your business
• Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar and social media
• Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product/services/location/mission
• Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your physical location
• Build your network and customer base
• Generate leads
• Expand your business exposure – we’ll share event photos and business details on social media
Is there a cost to have the Chamber participate?
There is no cost; however, the business must meet the criteria outlined in Who Qualifies, and, be a member in good standing (dues paid, etc.).
Is the ribbon cutting my event or a Chamber event?
This is your event. The Chamber will gladly assist you with the following:
• Notify the Chamber’s Board of Directors and Committee Members of your ribbon cutting, and encourage their attendance
• Invite local officials on your behalf (upon request only)
• List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar and social media
• Have a member of the Chamber’s team provide congratulatory remarks
• Provide a list of Chamber member caterers (upon request only)
• Provide contact list of local media outlets (upon request only)
• Bring the “BIG scissors” and ribbon
• Take pictures at the event and publish a photo on our Community Calendar and social media
We strongly encourage you to conduct your own public relations campaign to increase attendance and awareness of your business opening. Please understand that you should not rely solely on the Chamber to attract your audience.
I’m Ready. Now what?
Fill out the Ribbon Cutting Reservation Request Form
and submit your request at least one month in advance
. Historically, Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually the best days during the week for business people, not earlier than 10:00am and not later than 4:00pm. The Chamber cannot assist with ribbon cuttings after 5:00 pm or on weekends and holidays.
Events are scheduled based upon availability.
Most importantly, remember to have fun and enjoy the planning process. We’re here to help and we look forward to working with you.
Welcome to the Peach County network of businesses!