Thursday, August 22, 2019
8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
UGA Tifton Campus Conference Center
15 RDC Road, Tifton, GA 31794
$50 registration per person.
Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
- As an important part of Georgia’s workforce pipeline, we invite you to join us for a one-day conference where we will explore ways to innovate Georgia’s approach to talent development.
- The Innovating Georgia’s Workforce Pipeline Conference will bring together partners in workforce development, education, business and economic development to learn about promising practices and emerging ideas to build our state’s talent pipeline.
- Come explore the opportunities and challenges for workforce development in rural Georgia. You will hear from national and state innovators, gain additional insights and resources and network with new partners.
- The day will begin with registration and networking.
- A brief opening session will set the stage, sharing workforce data to help guide conversations throughout the day.
- Participants will then choose between two breakout sessions.
- A workforce development session will feature a series of short tabletop presentations by experts from various partners involved in workforce development. Participants will visit tables to learn about strategies for connecting with workforce development partners.
- Following lunch and the keynote address, participants can choose from two new breakout sessions.
Breakout session topics for the day include:
- Experiential learning is a proven strategy for connecting young adults to the workplace. This session will feature research and strategies on how to create and replicate high quality experiential learning opportunities for high school students.
- Building talent for small business.
- Hear from a panel of experienced local leaders who have connected people and organizations in their communities to help build workforce pipelines.
- A case study of how a community can work together to develop talent.
Connie Reimers-Hild, PhD, CPC
Founder and CEO of Wild Innovation
Connie Reimers-Hild is the founder of Wild Innovation, a consulting and coaching firm. She has served as the interim executive director and chief futurist at the Rural Futures Institute at the University of Nebraska and hosted the Rural Futures podcast.
Reimers-Hild is a respected speaker in the areas of future-focused leadership and strategic foresight to strengthen innovation in individuals, communities and organizations.
Chief Innovation Officer for USDA, Rural Development (RD)
Jacqueline Ponti-Lazaruk is the Chief Innovation Officer for USDA, Rural Development and leads the RD Innovation Office, which seeks to identify best practices and bring continuous improvement in program delivery to enhance the quality of life in rural communities. The office works to transform rural communities through strategic partnerships, data analytics and evaluation, regulatory reform and
enterprise risk management.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 201 Boo Drive, Tifton, GA 31793. Phone: 229.382.8484.
- Hampton Inn, 720 US Hwy 319 South, Tifton, GA 31794. Phone: 229.382.8800
- Spring Hill Suites, 401 Boo Drive, Tifton, GA 31793. Phone: 229.520.5135
- Holiday Inn Express, 814 7th St W, Tifton, GA 31794. Phone: 1.888.HOLIDAY